LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

HP/TQ rating ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah. I didn't notice you're dropping the motor into an S10. Since it's your engine, tell the builder tomorrow that you want the cam card, or specific details of it. And as far as the heads, if it's just a rework job then it's most likely not ported out any and that'll hurt the estimates too. I still stick by my guess
Old 02-16-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula350
Ah. I didn't notice you're dropping the motor into an S10. Since it's your engine, tell the builder tomorrow that you want the cam card, or specific details of it. And as far as the heads, if it's just a rework job then it's most likely not ported out any and that'll hurt the estimates too. I still stick by my guess
yea, i suck at this, lol...i am kinda in the dark with the motor. I mean its in trusty hands, but they are the professionals, so i will let them do wat they need. But pretty much ''one step up from stock'' is what iwas told. And the heads just reworked, not ported or anything.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, when it comes to cams "one step up from stock" would be a tow cam lol Which they don't make for F/Y cars lol And if they DID make one for the B/D-Body boats, their cams were quite small compared to F/Y-Body cars. So one step over stock, would be 3 steps below where you started And THAT is why you should get the actual specs of it If he can't tell you them, then I'd start questioning that "professional" and "trust hands" label you're giving them
Old 02-16-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Formula350
Well, when it comes to cams "one step up from stock" would be a tow cam lol Which they don't make for F/Y cars lol And if they DID make one for the B/D-Body boats, their cams were quite small compared to F/Y-Body cars. So one step over stock, would be 3 steps below where you started And THAT is why you should get the actual specs of it If he can't tell you them, then I'd start questioning that "professional" and "trust hands" label you're giving them
i havent talked to the machine shop dude that is doing it. I have talked to the middle man and thats wat i he told me. I mean i can find out probably on friday wat cam he will put in. So how faar up the cam choises is the lt4 hot cam? like out of the cams that the lt1s can use, how far up of a upgrade is the lt4? i am no motor head, so its like talking to a n00b, lol
Old 02-17-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

would these do anything for perforamcne/driveability for me? A dude on my other offer and i doubt i can do the deal, but hell wat u think they would do for my truck?

wanna buy a set of heads? hand ported, LT4 hollow stem valves, Comp spring(dont remember which ones) milled .030, radiused valve job...lt1 Al heads.

Quick Reply: HP/TQ rating ??