LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 with LS1 coil conversion..

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 with LS1 coil conversion..

Why do people do this? What do you gain, what does it cost, where do you get it,and how do you install it? Please posy up some pics. Does it look better? Does anyone have a pic on a custom LT1 engine bay?
Old 02-19-2009, 08:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...s-ls1-pcm.html
Old 02-19-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Regular

There is also the complete package and done product of the LTCC which is a replacement ignition system that uses the LS1 coil packs, or even the Delteq which uses a Northstar 4-coilpack waste-spark setup that is a a OEM-like package as well.

I run the Delteq myself on two of my vehicles. They are currently in an unknown state in regards to the owner of the company having medical issues the last anyone heard, but the website for them is still active, so who knows... I do know the product is solid and reliable enough I bought one setup back in 2005 and another just last month from someone who bought it and never installed it.

The LS1 PCM swap option posted prior is far from a 'complete' package or even a useable set of parts right now (still requires programming and ABS issues to be a plug&play setup, so take it as an engineering effort right now)... If that is what you are looking for, there is your best chance of making it happen.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:17 AM
8 Second Club

I have put 3 LTCC kits on they have a harness that hooks to the opispark plug up top. it goes in line (unhook the plug plug the 2 new plugs up) there is a wire that goes to the old coil hot wire. these boxes have a rev limit and a retard in them as well. cool if you run a msd now with a opti when you go to this you still have a way to pull timing because you do not need a ignition box. and why when you make big power the cap and rotor button and the pick up just dont seem to work that well the enginers you talk to says it is the ozone created in the opti from the high voltage . Back in the day i would have to change cap and rotor at least 2 or 3 times a year. this was befor MSD even had a cap . GM 200 bucks. and you can use the wire ends from ACCEL for a lt1 and then get a set of universal wires and mount the coils almost any place you want . I put mine on the fram rails in front of the engine ,another car i put them ontop of the intake. They work and you get good spark .
Old 02-20-2009, 12:19 AM
8 Second Club

this is the only pic of my car with the lt1 in it on my pc this is from the pumpgas drags in 04
Attached Thumbnails Lt1 with LS1 coil conversion..-pumpgas-05.jpg  

Quick Reply: Lt1 with LS1 coil conversion..