LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

HELP my LT1 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP my LT1 wont start

I have my 1995 Z28 up on stands for the winter. I went out and started it she ran fine for about 15 seconds. Then just died no power to radio or windows nothing off the key no power to the starter Also cant hear the fuel pump start up. Only things working are the lights aftermarket alarm power door locks. Did an oil change about 3 weeks ago & was the last time she ran before this happened. Any thoughts help would be great thanks.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: HELP my LT1 wont start

check the clip into the back of the alternator and make sure its connected securely. my car did the same thing a few years ago because i forgot to clip that in. the car ran for a few seconds, then died and wouldnt start back up but the lights and door locks and stufff would work, just not enough juice to even get the starter to "click".
Old 10-15-2003, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HELP my LT1 wont start

I have my 1995 Z28 up on stands for the winter. I went out and started it she ran fine for about 15 seconds. Then just died no power to radio or windows nothing off the key no power to the starter Also cant hear the fuel pump start up. Only things working are the lights aftermarket alarm power door locks. Did an oil change about 3 weeks ago & was the last time she ran before this happened. Any thoughts help would be great thanks.
Not to make you worrie or anything. But that's what my car does after i fry the computer. Ive done it twice.

Quick Reply: HELP my LT1 wont start