LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 in my 94'

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Lt1 in my 94'

So i have decided to swap my 3.4L v6 for a LT1. I am going to buy a used motor and swap it in. But, what i need to know is what additional parts will i need for the swap? wiring harness? motor mounts? i need to know everything! thanks
-Adam-
Old 03-01-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Easiest thing to do is to find a cheap or wrecked donor car and swap parts as you need them. IIRC, you need at least the LT1 radiator, cradle, transmission and a host of other minor parts. Consider the fuel system as well - not sure if the V6 fuel pump will be able to keep the LT1 supplied with ample fuel pressure.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Easiest thing to do is to find a cheap or wrecked donor car and swap parts as you need them. IIRC, you need at least the LT1 radiator, cradle, transmission and a host of other minor parts. Consider the fuel system as well - not sure if the V6 fuel pump will be able to keep the LT1 supplied with ample fuel pressure.
Yea, the easiest is a nice rear or side impacted car that is 'totaled'. Since you need the wiring harness and computer, I think you may need the dash harness as well but not certain on that. And by "cradle", he means K-Member, which makes it pretty easy since you can unbolt the whole K-Member while the engine is still attached and drop it out the bottom of the car. Assuming you have a car hoist/lift or a means to raise up the front of the car high enough to clear. If the rear is fine in the donor car, you might as well swap that in as well unless you have the performance package on your car with the higher gears, disc brakes and posi. If you don't you'll want the V8 rear, and while I'm pretty sure the V6 fuel pump is the same, you could easily drop the fuel tank while the rear is out and just put the whole tank and pump assembly into your car 90% sure you need the fuel lines under the hood to boot.

There's many threads on this subject if you do a search, the majority will side with what we've said on finding a donor car due to all the stuff you require.

GL though!
Old 03-01-2009, 07:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search, I have explained what needs to be done in several different threads.

Quick Reply: Lt1 in my 94'