LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Short/Bad Ground

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short/Bad Ground

There is either a short or bad ground in my car that is causing my power trunk lock and door locks to flick on and off every once in a while right after I shut my car off. Any ideas as to what I can do to locate it? I had to disconnect my automatic trunk lock (At the lock its self, tried the switch did not stop it) Because it is also my door locks I think it has to be a common wire between them
Old 03-03-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
There is either a short or bad ground in my car that is causing my power trunk lock and door locks to flick on and off every once in a while right after I shut my car off. Any ideas as to what I can do to locate it? I had to disconnect my automatic trunk lock (At the lock its self, tried the switch did not stop it) Because it is also my door locks I think it has to be a common wire between them
Does your radio cutout randomly sometimes? Do your power windows not work when anything weird is happening? Your car is haunted! JK, a bad BCM can cause your power accessories to act up. But usually your radio indicates that as well. Just throwing it out there.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Does your radio cutout randomly sometimes? Do your power windows not work when anything weird is happening? Your car is haunted! JK, a bad BCM can cause your power accessories to act up. But usually your radio indicates that as well. Just throwing it out there.
Nope, never have any other electrical problems other then the Power locks, and Power Trunk Release. I wish my damn car was haunted...lol...It would kick *** if it consumed souls....mmuuuaaahhahahahahah...hem..sorry bout that evil side kicked in for a sec. Speaking of haunted cars I Want the one of the 1986 movie (The Wraith) Car based off the 1984 Dodge M4S prototype sports coupe featuring a Trans Four OHC 8 valve I4 Engine: 400 Horsepower @ 7000 RPM: Top Speed: 194.8 (observed speed - 1984 Road & Track Magazine).

Quick Reply: Short/Bad Ground