LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Water pump question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Water pump question.

Hey guys what's up? I usually post in the truck section but a co-worker of mine has a question and I was wondering if some of you could answer it. Thanks in advance!

He bought an LT1 from a 1996 Camaro (was there still LT1's in Camaro's then?) and he wanted to know which tubes are the inlet and outlet for coolant on the water pump. He says they are both on top of the pump. He has the engine installed and running but he says he thinks it's running hot. He doesn't have a temp gauge to verify. Once again thanks for any help!
Old 10-16-2003, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: LT1 Water pump question.

there should be two bleeder screws...one on top of the thermostat and one coming from the intake if i remember correctly. just bleed the air outta that and you should be fine. LT1's dont like air in the coolant system at all. Also, might as well pull the thermostat out and drop it in boiling water to see if it opens or not.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: LT1 Water pump question.

That pump is kinda deceiving if your not familiar with the lines. Basically everything on the left of the pump is for the a/c and everything on the right of the pump is for the cooling system along with the main line on top. Gangly is right on that LT1's are finnicky about having air in those lines. Make sure they are bled well.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the responses. I talked to my co-worker and he says he thinks he got it all straightened out and that everything seems to fine. I relayed your suggestions to him. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: LT1 Water pump question.