LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

knock questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knock questions?

i just thought i would bring it up. ive been datalogging and tuning on this car. im kinda new to lt1's. but not small blocks and carbs. but im playing with timing. and i put the stock timing in and im still getting a **** ton of knock retard at idle. that cant be right. so ive heard about the lt4 knock module and all that. but cant i just tune the knock sensors out? or just limit what they retard when knock occurs? cuz i cant hear any knock. i try to run the best gas and octane boost i can get. im really curious on what kind of timing others run on there cars. i dont know exactly what my compression is but i est its 11 to 11.5:1. and i have a 306 cam. any advise is greatly appreciated
Old 03-03-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the lt4 knock module in mine with the mods in sig and when we were tuning mine I kept getting a little bit of false knock in high rpm, couldn't get rid of it and didn't want to tune out the knock sensor just in case so I am living with it for the time being
Old 03-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Launching!

i turned the knock retard to 0. and the car runs great. i cannot hear one bit of spark knock or anything. i may just go with that. but i would like to see what everyone runs timing wise.

Quick Reply: knock questions?