LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lean Misfire?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lean Misfire?

Alright just put my heads and intake back on after pulling them to fix leaks. Have a bad popping most noticeable under load. adjusted valves with motor running just to eliminate the valves being overtightened due to lifter bleed down and same thing. checked and cleaned all injector connectors. pulled plugs and found 1 and 3 look hot, especially 1. the ground strap is almost white along with the electrode. 3 is kinda gray but more even than 1. all other plugs look normal. im thinking maybe the injectors got clogged. any way to verify without pulling the fuel rails? if i have to pull the rails do i just try to crank the car with the ignition fuse out and see if they are spraying? any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you can get your hands on an injector pulsating tool, and a fuel pressure guage. Hook up the guage and pulse one injector at a time, watch the pressure drop on the guage and compare your readings to the specification for your car. But it sounds like your plugs are fouled, which could be the cause of your mis

Your intake leak could have been the source of the problem of unmetered air, causing a rich mixture in STFT and eventually LTFT.