LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help With Mallory 685

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Mallory 685

i wanna run this box just when im usung nitrous and keep my na tune when not running the nitrous ...my ? is, is there a way to run this box so i can hook it up ONLY when i wanna run the nitrous...i was looking for a way to mount it in the glove box and just like plug it in when down the track or using the nitrous on the street here and there and unpluging it and going back to the na tune when im done....any pics would be great too

any help would be great

Brandon
Old 03-18-2009, 06:01 AM
12 Second Club

what part of the box are you not trying to run all the time? I ask because you can still have the box connected to the ignition circuit and working but not pulling any timing if thats what your worried about. But if you talking about just not having it powered all the time because you dont want to wear it out you can do that also. That would just be as simple as disconnecting if from the coil and plugging in the stock wires. When you buy the box your going to want to buy the coil harness available separate because is an adapter that the stock harness plugs into then that has an extension that plugs into your coil.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jditlfm
what part of the box are you not trying to run all the time? I ask because you can still have the box connected to the ignition circuit and working but not pulling any timing if thats what your worried about. But if you talking about just not having it powered all the time because you dont want to wear it out you can do that also. That would just be as simple as disconnecting if from the coil and plugging in the stock wires. When you buy the box your going to want to buy the coil harness available separate because is an adapter that the stock harness plugs into then that has an extension that plugs into your coil.
thats my main idea is not pulling timing all the time..i pretty much just want that box on when im running the hit and then turn it off for everyday driving
Old 03-18-2009, 07:46 AM
12 Second Club

When you get the box the instructions will explain it. The box will only pull the amount of timing you set when the yellow wire has 12v supplied to it. So what your going to do is either run a wire from the arm switch to your nitrous or from the wot switch 12v to the yellow wire on the box. So as soon as you either arm the nitrous or your close the wot switch timing will be pulled. Idk if your going to use the window switch on the box or not either. There are a ton of wire diagrams on the net as well as i could provide you with one if you needed.