LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Harness Swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Harness Swap

I have a '93 LT1 in a Volvo 244. I have tried for some time to get it running and have failed to get it to start for more than a couple of seconds. I'm thinking about tring to swap to a '94-95 Harness and computer from a Caprice. I am I right in thinking the things needing to be swaped to make the newer harness work would be:

-add MAF
-change O2 sensors
-change throttle body

Will my '93 Opti and ignition parts work? Am i missing anything?
Old 03-19-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cadsmobile
I have a '93 LT1 in a Volvo 244. I have tried for some time to get it running and have failed to get it to start for more than a couple of seconds. I'm thinking about tring to swap to a '94-95 Harness and computer from a Caprice. I am I right in thinking the things needing to be swaped to make the newer harness work would be:

-add MAF
-change O2 sensors
-change throttle body

Will my '93 Opti and ignition parts work? Am i missing anything?
What harness are you trying to use now? If it's a harness made for a LT1, I don't see how swapping to a different harness and computer is going to help. I'd keep troubleshooting the current situation if I were you.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Have you addressed VATS?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What harness are you trying to use now? If it's a harness made for a LT1, I don't see how swapping to a different harness and computer is going to help. I'd keep troubleshooting the current situation if I were you.
I'm using a factory '93 harness and I've been working on it for months. I got the car as a project with the engine installed and the harness somewhat modified but not running.

Have you addressed VATS?
Yes, the computer was supposed to be tuned to have it disabled. I also tried a bypass chip and it made no difference.

I thought starting out with a fresh start might help. I have tried a new Opti, computer and re-wird it 3 times all with no luck.

Quick Reply: Harness Swap