LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fuel line relocation mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Fuel line relocation mod

Ok so i've seen a few pictures of lt1's lately without the ugly loom of fuel lines that is normally found on our cars... sooo this afternoon i decided to try to clean up my engine bay and relocate the fuel lines out of sight...

I started off by cutting the fuel line protector off very carefully. I then disconnected all 3 fuel lines.

Next I jacked up the car and removed the drivers side tire and rim. I then removed all the bolts/clips and dropped the wheel well out.

I then proceeded to trace the fuel lines out of the engine bay into the wheel well. Then i removed the grommet and returned it back to its original position.

Next I broke out the drill and drilled out the new hole for the lines. I ended up drilling it to a little over an inch. I found a flat spot in the wheel right near the brake booster.

I then put my new grommet in the hole and started the task of tracing the wires behind the brake booster and back to the fuel rails. A little silicone spray helps squeeze the fuel lines through the grommet.

After tracing the wires, i zip tied up all the loose ends and neatened it up.
Lastly, I returned the fuel rail protector.

Then I cleaned up the wheel well with some zip ties, returned the wheel well plastic, put the rim and tire back on, and thats that.

Hope you guys enjoyed this!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the pics! Good stuff.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write up! just did this mod definately cleans things up.

Quick Reply: Fuel line relocation mod