LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

VATS Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VATS Problem

On my 94 Camaro i took the key reading and got the resistor i needed, and pulled the kick panel off to find that the VATS Bypass has all ready been done. The problem i was having before hand all the time was the usual not starting about once a week. Once in a great while i would have to wait a half hour trying it time over time and it not work. What do i do now?

What confuses me also is i have a remote start and the security has kept it from starting before even from that.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

If you are getting a security light, check that connection on the resistor bypass.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a problem like that and i decided to inspect why that bypass was done. i found that the wire that comes right off the lock cylinder was broken so replaced the lock cylinder and got new keys. the bypass was also broken.
my car also had a security system installed and i decided to remove the whole thing. you might want to check the relay that sends power to the starter thats controled by the aftermarket system or the wires that go to it. if it hapens again check for voltage
with a test light at the purple wire in the right hand side of the engine bay. its located in a harnes that close the ac lines and expansion valve. then get a wiring diagram and trace it back.
the factory starter relay is located in the glove box compartment. you have to remove the glove box to find them and they are stuff behind the right side of the dash. you will notice that there are 2 plastic niples that stick out when you take the glove box on the right side. those are the parts the hold the relay in place. the relay for the trunk release is also located next to the starter relay so don't get them confused. normaly i have seen people install a relay in the main power wire off the ignition switch to keep the car from starting.

Quick Reply: VATS Problem