Dyno Day Disaster

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Just picked the car up today.
Really? so whats the status as of now?

And i should be ordering my LE2 set up here within the next months or two! so i def wanna see what a fellow auto guys dyno's with the setup!

did you get the ported intake too?
Old 04-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's getting torn into tomorrow. I did get the intake ported as well. So you are going with the LE2 package huh? What cam are you looking into?
Old 04-23-2009, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
It's getting torn into tomorrow. I did get the intake ported as well. So you are going with the LE2 package huh? What cam are you looking into?
ohhh ok so you just got it back from the dyno shop today, i was all kinds a confused when you said that haha.

and yea LE2 package it will be, might even try and save the money up to go with the LE3 package, but im not sure what cam to go with, i'm thinking the cam that comes with the package, or maybe even a little bigger

i want a killer car and i dont wanna do it twice. Plus i'll be having the motor rebuilt at the same time hopefully stroking to a 383 but still undecided on that detail as well. Def getting at least rebuilt with forged internals, but i really do want to stroke to a 383, or at least go with a 355. Decisions decisions, probably wont be for about 2 months thou so i got time to decide. . .
Old 04-23-2009, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
ohhh ok so you just got it back from the dyno shop today, i was all kinds a confused when you said that haha.

and yea LE2 package it will be, might even try and save the money up to go with the LE3 package, but im not sure what cam to go with, i'm thinking the cam that comes with the package, or maybe even a little bigger

i want a killer car and i dont wanna do it twice. Plus i'll be having the motor rebuilt at the same time hopefully stroking to a 383 but still undecided on that detail as well. Def getting at least rebuilt with forged internals, but i really do want to stroke to a 383, or at least go with a 355. Decisions decisions, probably wont be for about 2 months thou so i got time to decide. . .

If I were you I would tell Lloyd exactly what you want out of the car and he'll fix you up just right.

Elliott keep us posted as to what you find. My money is still on the head gasket.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA

Yeah no it crapped out on the dyno last week. A full rebuild with the LE2 would be a strong set up for ya. I would just do the LE2 and build the bottom end for nitrous Throw a 100-150 spray on that and you will have that "Killer" car you said you wanted.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you put the H/C package on without at least a hone and rings? I have never had any luck doing half a build on a motor. I have done rings without a valve job and wasn't long before I needed valve work, and I have done a valve job without rings and needed rings in no time.
If you didn't freshen the bottom end I'm betting the added compression and fresh top end has your poor old rings leaking badly.

Quick Reply: Dyno Day Disaster