LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Weird problem help me pleaseeeeee

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Weird problem help me pleaseeeeee

Just got my motor back fromthe shop built to a 383 FOR A 96 CAMARO . Installed everything going perfect but when i went to start the car it only starts with out the water pump and when i put the water pump on it does want to start?????? The next problem that just came up was when i started the car and turned it off the starter was still trying to start the car when the key was out and it didnt stop til the battery died and now im stuck and dont no what to do.. Can anyone help pleaseeeee
Old 05-08-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ss lt4
Just got my motor back fromthe shop built to a 383 FOR A 96 CAMARO . Installed everything going perfect but when i went to start the car it only starts with out the water pump and when i put the water pump on it does want to start?????? The next problem that just came up was when i started the car and turned it off the starter was still trying to start the car when the key was out and it didnt stop til the battery died and now im stuck and dont no what to do.. Can anyone help pleaseeeee
Hmmm, so many weird things happening...
Are you sure the starter is wired up correctly? Is the battery wire harness hooked up correctly?

Are you sure the waterpump isn't seized somehow?
Old 05-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Hmmm, so many weird things happening...
Are you sure the starter is wired up correctly? Is the battery wire harness hooked up correctly?

Are you sure the waterpump isn't seized somehow?

yea im sure its wired correctly but i will check again..
and the water pump is an electric water pump forgot to mention that but when its of completly it runs when its on it only cranks
Old 05-08-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ss lt4
yea im sure its wired correctly but i will check again..
and the water pump is an electric water pump forgot to mention that but when its of completly it runs when its on it only cranks
Sounds like you have a lot of wiring issues...
Old 05-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Launching!

Dont know bout the 1st problem but I've had my starter on my truck stick on, the appendix, i think its called? It stuck on and continued to crank, but i didnt let it drain my battery, you should have took the neg on the battery off.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dmaleck
Dont know bout the 1st problem but I've had my starter on my truck stick on, the appendix, i think its called? It stuck on and continued to crank, but i didnt let it drain my battery, you should have took the neg on the battery off.

i did try but by the tme i went to disconect it.. it already died.. what is the appendix
Old 05-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Launching!

I dont know if its called the appendix but its something like that, its the thing that pushes the gear out to hit the flywheel if it sticks it will continue to crank, on my truck when it would stick i hit it with a peice of wood and it got unstuck and was good to go.

Quick Reply: Weird problem help me pleaseeeeee