LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What to mount LT1 Scanmaster in Trans Am??

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow What to mount LT1 Scanmaster in Trans Am??

I picked up a scanmaster for $100 and I have had it uninstalled for a while because I can not think of any place I can put it besides the steering wheel in front of my speed/RPM gauges and I don't really want it there. Camaro guys are lucky in that they have the air vent that Brent Franker discovered was a good place to put it...

Can anybody else think of a good place to mount this where it is visible, but looks good?
Old 05-31-2009, 12:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Getting some views...but no thoughts or opinions. Come on guys. Just tell me where you think might be a good place. You don't necessarily have to own a scanmaster to give input. Thanks
Old 05-31-2009, 12:45 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might not be the easiest thing in the world, but I've always toyed with the idea of fabbing up an overhead console type of deal. Just making a fiberglass type of deal that blends in with the headliner.

Besides that, maybe find a way to mount it to the console cover (the piece under the steering wheel. With the hatch release button)? Just throwing ideas haha. Hard to come up with ideas without looking at my interior haha.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:41 PM
11 Second Club

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DX

Have to look close but, its mounted under the radio.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0182_large.jpg

Those are just 2 I found on the first page of google image search. Look around you can find some. Just have to look hard sometimes.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I never even thought about mounting it on the roof...that would take some serious fabricating, but the idea is def on the table. The place near the hatch release was on my mind, but it was not my fav pick. Thanks for the ideas. I will keep them in mind, latin.

Armyman2445, I had seen the cardomain one before and I liked it, but I don't think it would work with my coming stereo headunit. I have never seen the second one and I really liked the placement a lot...looks like it belongs there. I may try to see what materials I need to do that. Good finds. Thanks.

Quick Reply: What to mount LT1 Scanmaster in Trans Am??