LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Need HELP!

i own a 95' Z28 A4. I went out to start the car and it only clicked, it won't turned over. I popped the hood checked the the battery cables and behold that some how my positive cable had been disconnected. I put it back on and went to start it again but then it would only click again. (lights come on when i open doors, and gauges work when in the "on" postion") I put on a meter gauge and it was a full battery. i threw on a battery charger and i went to crank it again (my dad was watching the motor) then when i did it he said there was sparks on the passenger side of the motor. (sparks happened that one time with the charger) I didn't have time to mess with it so i took the truck to work. After work i tried it again and only got the click. Threw on the battery jumper and for like 15 sec, then it started right up no problem. I shut it off and dissconnected the battery chager and tried it and again, starts right up. i don't trust it taking it to work. (30 miles one way) any ideas on what it is?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check and make sure all your grounds on the passenger side. Make sure your positive power wire from battery to starter isnt grounding out on anything. Also make sure that your headers didnt melt the power wire and arch itself to the header. Mine did this after i first installed my headers, completely burnt the wire in half. The spark fight have ached itself back together allowing it to get full current to the starter now. Hince it starting now.

Just a guess to start with.