LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

a/c burnt?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c burnt?

well i went to my lake house this past weekend and my nephew borrowed my car (i did leave it at my sisters to be watched). my sister told me my nephew said the a/c wouldn`t work "duh" it needed charging. before i left and i told my sister to call if any body wanted to drive it ( which i would of said no). well i found out he drove it to his girlfriends and run the a/c about for 25 miles or so.
today i look into filling the system with freon but the clutch will not engage. it had power to the relay for the clutch. so now i believe the clutch is locked because it run with out freon and it probley needed oil in the system. what do you think.
thanks
Old 06-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How low was the system and did you already recharge it? If the system is too low the clutch will not engage. The pressure switch will prevent power from going to the clutch connector. Did you check for power at the clutch connector? Mine did this when my compressor was leaking. I charged the system, and the compressor clutch engaged. Though I had to change the compressor due to leaking.