LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Valve cover help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve cover help.

I have a set of aluminum polished tall valve covers that I cant find gaskets to fit. The stock felpro gaskets for the 95 lt1 are too short by at least an 1 - 1.5in and slightly to narrow also. I am not sure of the name brand because the only markings I can find are "MS" raised letters under the covers. These were on top of a set of Trick flow heads. Any one got any ideas or similar problem?
Old 06-10-2009, 03:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I used a set of cork gaskets with my sheetmetal fabricated covers. these are the exact size, no need to stretch or anything.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...art=SCE-211078
Old 06-10-2009, 04:16 AM
Staging Lane

Appreciate the help lucky I am going to check those out.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 408StrokerSS
I have a set of aluminum polished tall valve covers that I cant find gaskets to fit. The stock felpro gaskets for the 95 lt1 are too short by at least an 1 - 1.5in and slightly to narrow also. I am not sure of the name brand because the only markings I can find are "MS" raised letters under the covers. These were on top of a set of Trick flow heads. Any one got any ideas or similar problem?
The reason your OE style FelPros are "too short" is because they're designed to "stretch" and be held in place on the OE covers by the tension that this stretch creates. GMPP makes a silicone rubber rocker cover gasket that's for the Proform aluminum valve covers, and will probably work with other cast aluminum covers as well. It doesn't use the "stretch" function, it's cut to an exact fit dimension. The GM part number is 10046089. This might work for you.

Quick Reply: Valve cover help.