LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Theoretical Engine build

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:07 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Theoretical Engine build

So I've been bored today watching my little girls (if you really want to call it that). I figured I'll kill some time and build a new motor based on the up and coming LTX Dart block. So here are some basics.

Dart Block with a 4.125 bore
A not-so-long Eagle 3.875 Stroke 4340 forged crank
Eagle 6.00" H-beam 4340 forged rods
Wiseco Forged Pistons
AFR LT4 227 Heads opened up by AI or Lloyd
And as for the cam, I was playing with a DCR calculator and an SCR calculation as well.

I figure with a 60 cc chamber and a .039 headgasket, that'll put it at a 12.54 SCR if the pistons have 5cc of valve reliefs in them. As for the cam, I was trying to figure something rowdy yet docile enough for the street. I know the 847 has been a widely used "Big" cam....That's too small for me, I had it in my '90 and while I liked it, it just wasn't what I want in this motor. Now at 414 I figure it's a decent CU.IN. so lets see what I can find for a big cam.....I found this little Comp number. It specs out at 242/248 @ .050 with .366/.363 lobe lift....I figure AFR's exhaust port can make up for the lower lift....It has a LCA of 113* and a LCL of 109* This means it should idle fairly calmly, but still produce some power.

So what do you guys think? Is this something I should try to convince my wife to let me build, oir is it a waste of time? I know the cam is a little tame with the cubes I've got, but it's also the biggest cam in summit's hyd. roller selection

Quick Reply: Theoretical Engine build