LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

AC Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tried to recharge my system and when i hook up....gauge says my pressure is really high (doesnt tell me psi..only that its "high")......i had this problem before and just kept messing with the connection and it finally went to the true reading and i was able to add refrigerant

anyone else have a similiar problem? help soon please..its 100 degrees here
Old 06-20-2009, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

ok so i drained all the refrigerant out..and refilled to the proper level...and its still blowing warm air...ideas?
Old 06-20-2009, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Those little fill gauge things they give you with the 134a cans never work right, unless you have a A/C manifold set its impossible to tell. How much did you put in after you evacuated the system? It should hold 2lbs or refridgerant. Also make sure the compressor is switching on when you try and fill it. If you evaucate the system but dont Vacuum it done a lot of times it'll have just enough pressure to keep the small cans from filling but not enough to close the pressure switch and allow the compressor to come on.

Side note: Was it not blowing cold before you tried to charge it? If so then you most likely have a leak somewhere. 9 times out of 10 if the ac isn;t blowing cold or at least cool the system is leaking.

Quick Reply: AC Problems