LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Gauge lights do not work

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 09:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gauge lights do not work

Hi guys, my gauge lights, radio lights, and steering wheel control lights stopped working this week. I have checked the fuse which is good, and I am doubting that 10 or so bulbs all burnt out at once so what are other things I should check?

The mileage and clock on the radio light up until the headlamps are turned on, then everything minus the "security light" goes off...

Not sure if it is related but a while ago I replaced my factory tape player with a factory cd player, now and then the thing will stop playing a cd and a error code "E23" or "E32" comes on the clock face. Please help
Old 06-24-2009, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I had a similar problem with my car. When I would turn on my lights, it would pop a fuse and I couldn't see any gauge lights at all. I didn't know it but at the same time my gauge lights went out I had no tail lights either. It turns out the previous owner had installed a system and there was a wire back where my radio was that was frayed and it was shorting out against another wire and blowing the tail light fuse. No idea if this is related, but I just wanted to share.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No fuses are popped as far as I can tell, but I will go check out my tail lights on lunch