LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Build Thread! :) *Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Build Thread! :) *Pics*

Hello guys First off my name is ryan and im 16, my 96 z28 was my first car and i never thought i was going to get so deep in this car It all started april 14th when i bought my car from a dumbass who abused and treated this car like ****. A couple days later the car left me with a spun bearing My dad, an amazing person who is a great mechanic didnt have much time on his hands cause of the economy so he sent it to the dealership, of course the tried to charge us 6 thousand for a new engine!? Me and my dad said **** that and we decided to rebuild this bad boy! We bought new: Crank, Cam, Bearings, Pistons, Connecting Rods, Starter, Oil Pump, Flex Plate, Seals, AC Comp, Hooker Headers, Lifters and i cant think of anything else, today as been a long day: Finally we put the engine back in today got it all mounted up, exhaust hooked up, starter and a quarter of the wires connected.
It has been about 4 months of me not having my car and i must say it has been the hardest thing i have been through But spending this time with my dad as helped our relationship alot! I will post some pics:

Today!

This isnt all but quite a few

But guys id like you to take your time and wish us luck cause tomorrow will be the last day we will be able to work on my car since my dad is working non-stop till Saturday I just cant wait any longer!
So guys, please wish us luck cause we are going to need it! I cant wait till i start my babbyyy up, im going to be so nervous yet excited!
Thanks for spending the time to read this guys.
Ohh and BTW pulling it fromt he top is so much funner!
Old 07-05-2009, 02:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Specs on the crank, rods, and pistons used?
Did you have the rotating assembly balanced?
Heads untouched?
Cam specs?

Good luck with the rest of the install...
Old 07-05-2009, 03:15 AM
Launching!

Did you rebuild it stock?
Any idea of how much power your going to have?

Good luck with it, i know you cant wait!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

first we needs specs lol second you have a very clean shop im real jealous its so hard to build a car in a messy garage like mine. and i know how the whole bonding thing is im out in the garage everynight with my dad doin my car. and as far as how deep you r in the car it doesnt stop. im 19 ive spent about $15k on it this year and befor that i spent about $2k on mods and 3300 on the car. and there's so much more i can do lol good luck with it
Old 07-05-2009, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why did you buy a new crank and rods for a stock rebuild?

Quick Reply: Build Thread! :) *Pics*