LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

HELP..Problems with two differnt Hypertch programmers

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP..Problems with two differnt Hypertch programmers

Hello,

I 've got two different problems with two different Hypertech programmer models. Ther first problem, (HyperTech programmer III model# 375752 for 95-97 LT1 & LT4 engines)while I was programming the car, the programmer was accidently unplugged for a brief while then plugged back again and the programming cmpleted with 100%. But it seems that the programming wasn't completed after all. So when we tried to do the programming again we recieved a message to "Reset" ! What does that mean and how can we resolve this issue??

The second problem was with HyperTech programmer Plus model #365762 for 95-97 LT1 & LT4 engines. I bought this programmer from somebody but it turns out that that the programmer was programmed to the VIN # of the seller's car ( forgot to flash it), and the car is no longer available. That makes the programmer unusable. how can we resolve this issue??

I Have tried contacting Hypertch and there engineer reply was that these two models were old and they do not support them anymore. Is there anybody else who can fix these programmers for me??

Please let me know soon.

Thanks.

Nezar.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If the programmer is disconnected from the pcm during flashing the pcm needs to be physically diassembled and two chips desoldered from the circuit board and put in a flashing fixture. madz28.com can do this he is also an infinetely better choice for programming than the Hypercrap.

The real problem here though is you did your research on this way too late. The Hypertech programmers are GARBAGE pretty well documented LOSSES at the dragstrip. Really an ignorant choice.
Old 06-10-2023, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a specific troubleshooting process I should follow Are there any updates or firmware fixes that I might be missing? I'm open to any suggestions or advice you might have.
Old 06-11-2023, 08:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Your post is very vague and perhaps you did not read above that support was gone even 14 years ago.

Quick Reply: HELP..Problems with two differnt Hypertch programmers