LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

MSD Opti install questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSD Opti install questions

so i bought an msd opti for my 93z about a month ago and i just put my car down a few days ago. we put the opti on last night and realized 2 things: 1. the top two bolts are not long enough to thread with the new distributor and 2. there are 2 air hoses (vaccum?) that the 93-94 lt1 has no hook up for. someone told me to run these lines to the vaccum lines coming off of the fuel pressure regulator but i dunno..... i figured it would be best to ask first. im still new to the f body game so any help is much appreciated.

Also, would it be a smart decision to advance timing by a degree?

THANKS
Old 07-11-2009, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

why would you just randomly adjust your timing?

one of the hoses is for air..hook it up to ur air intake elbow..you might have to modify your elbow to do it...if you dont wanna mess with it..just secure the hose somewhere..the only point is that it can pull in air

the other hose, ur right, is for a vacuum to pull air through the opti to keep it dry..do you still have EGR? if not, use this vacuum port on the driver side of ur manifold..if you're keeping your EGR, get a vacuum T-connector and use the same port for EGR and the opti..

its not going to hurt anything if you cant get these hoses hooked up right away..they're for those bonehead times when you spill coolant on the opti (ask me how i know)
Old 07-11-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

If instructions were not included with your MSD opti, you can get them from MSD's website. It shows just what to do with the vent hoses.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

great thanks a lot