LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

goals

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default goals

Ok im looking to build the motor. Its not going to be a quick process and proly take a year maybe year and ahalf to finish. I thinking i want to build a nice 355 with a charge. I have a few questions i know you guys can help me answer. Ok first wats a smart compression for the motor with charger? i will prolly be running about 8-10 psi. i am going to want a bullet proof motor and for it to last. forged is a must from what i have been reading. What pistons should i run to keep compression low if this is a issue? What charger would be good for this build ? i hear about prochargers and superchargers and blowers are these all the same ? right now i am thinking about using the stock heads but new ones are always a option. If new ones should be used which do you recommend ? i want a nice cam too. I have be reading the stickies at the top but i didnt really see if there is a cam that works best with a charger. and if it does not matter please recommend a nice sleeper cam that makes nice power. Hp goal is some where in the 600-800 range. This is possible with the notor i am trying to build ? I know i need a tranny to handle the power. Can i build my stock tanny better ?? I understand trannys are hard to mess wit so i may be buying one if the stock one cant take the power. Sub frame connectors are going on. Aything am missing, let me know and gettin me thinkng. Money is a object but not to bad i want it built right and no corners cut. Thanks guys and sorry for the book
Old 07-30-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

First, if you are going with a all forged bottom end, might as well build a 383 instead of a 355. You'll want a nice set of forged, dished pistons, what CR is up to you. I think something along the lines of 9:1 would be good.
Procharger works well. Not sure what level Procharger you would need, but 600rwhp is not a hard goal to reach if you build the engine right. I think either a P-1SC or D-1SC could get the job done. You'll want a nice blower cam and all of the bolt on's. One of the biggest investments you'll have to make (besides the bottom end and the valvetrain) is your cylinder heads. You'll want the best heads you can afford. Top it off with a single plane intake and you'll be set to rumble.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man you seems to help me often and it does really help i will make a thread when i get this build on the way

Quick Reply: goals