LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help no power when on low rpms

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help no power when on low rpms

ok guys and gals i was driving my lt1 powered rx7 yesterday and it was fine until it got to temp. if i floor it, the car is fine. but if i am at low rpms just cruising and then i step on it the car seems like it has no power for a second and it sounds like its miss firing a little but then it goes. i also discovered that my exhaust manifold gasket has a small tear on it and exhaust is getting out from there. it only does it when i need to power for example in 4th or 5th gear and i am going up a hill or something and i step on it not a lot just enough to get me up the hill and it hesitates some but if i drop it to 3rd or 2nd and step on it its fine. think the exhaust manifold gasket is the cause of this problem or is there something else? i have tuner cat for my car but i can't seem to figure out where to find the error codes with tuner cat. i have no CEL or Error codes and i am completely lost! fuel pressure sits right at 42 psi like the day i first put it in. i have a walbro 255 in the tank and it runs just fine. spark plugs are brand new not even 25 miles on them along with the plug wires. any ideas??
Old 08-17-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

bad o2's imo

o2's are not used during open loop (before car reaches operating temp approx.) o2's are also not used at WOT
Old 08-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Launching!

ok good point i never thought about that. i am going to try to get them off tomorrow and replace them by the end of the week see what happens! thanks man!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Launching!

after finally getting under the car it turns out that it was a bad 02 sensor after all

swapped it out with two new ones and she is back to normal!

Quick Reply: Help no power when on low rpms