LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

BCM problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BCM problems

Stupid BCM has been acting up again, this time the windows and radio are out again. I pulled it out and lo and behold, the damn case is open and the circuit board isn't connected to the connectors completely (probably from my bad habit of smacking the dash until it works, like Fonzie.) So I pulled it out, had a bitch of a time gettng the middle connector off but finally managed to do it with a screwdriver, and pull the case out. I taped it up really good so it won't pop open on bumps / when I hit it (I won't be doing that anymore of course) and stop working. However, I noticed that my alarm doesn't arm now - instead of honking the horn twice on the first press and once on the second press of the lock button, it just locks the doors. I am thinking that maybe that middle connector, while trying to pull it off, I perhaps yanked a wire out of the pigtail ever-so-slightly, and that caused the alarm to stop arming. The panic button still works, so it isn't the horn not working.

Which wires would be related to the alarm? Car is a 1996 Z28 with factory alarm.

I don't really care for the alarm that much as no one is trying to break into my car, however, I would like to get it functional again when I get a day off. Gotta work in an hour, heh. Thanks a lot guys, you've always been a big help especially in fixing the radio and windows the first ten times!