LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need some advice????

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 06:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice????

Hey guys, im trying to get some advice so i can have everything together by winter. i would like to do true duals and i went to a shop yesterday to price it. they were saying about sectioning the frame and so on..... i want it to tuck up so i dont got to worry about scraping to bad. so my question is what do most of you guys do???? i dont want it to hang down to low, but i want true duals because you just cant beat that sound of true duals. Also im planning on doing a line lock, and maybe trying to go with the biggest cam i can on stock heads for now. so my second question is what is the biggest cam i can go with on stock heads??? like the specs - lift, duration, etc..... Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.....
Old 09-03-2009, 07:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In response to your cam question: READ THE CAM/VALVETRAIN SELECTION STICKY AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE...

And dont go for the "biggest cam om stock heads".

Go with the cam that "performs the best in all the conditions in which I normally use the car"

You could get the "biggest cam on stock heads" that would be .3-.5 faster ON A TRACK, but poop to drive on the street, and get you murdered from a roll / street race.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeh i know about the sticky and i didnt find exactly what i was looking for in that. and i want the biggest best performing cam i can get on stock heads???? i didnt mean i just want the biggest cam.. i want something that is good for the street and at the track..... i could care less about street manners... it does not get driven that much on the street. it mainly see's track time.

Quick Reply: Need some advice????