LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Vortech T-Trim users NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Vortech T-Trim users NEED HELP

Okay heres the deal. I'm planning to buy another fbody a 95 camaro/ a vortech t-trim. Anyways a shop is selling the car. The low oil light pops on everytime you start the car and drive it around it stays lit. They said it's because of the aftermarket oil pan and it's getting enough oil they said. Is this a common problem w/ aftermarket pans? Is there something I can check or do - I just dont want to spend all this money and have something bad happen to that engine
Old 09-06-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the Vortech world brother. I have an aftermarket oil pan and I had that light come on a lot, still comes on sometimes. Now to answer the question if it's the oil pan causing it or not I must say it doesn't make any sense, that light NEVER bothered me since I know I have ENOUGH oil in there so **** the light.
I simply think it's the sensor on the oil pan itself going bad. I one time ran the STOCK oil pan with my Vortech (While rebuilding my stroker) and guess what !! I still had that light pop on, so that might give you an answer that the oil pan isn't the cause of this.
However, there's an oil feed line that goes to the blower but that shouldn't take a whole lot of oil to cause the light to come on. In any rate, I WOULDN'T hesitate to buy a car with a Vortech on it just because the oil light comes on, I would get in it and make sure the OIL PRESSURE is NORMAL and doesn't act up when you GET ON IT.
Ask them to replace that sensor, if problem still accures then ask them to add oil and see if it fixes the "problem" and take it from there.
PM me with any questions you may have brother. Good luck, it's a lot fun driving with the vortech trust me.
Adam

Quick Reply: Vortech T-Trim users NEED HELP