LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conversion

I just sold a 94 9C1 setup to a freind and will be installing it into his 95 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd pickup. He is a little tired of the 5spd and 305 TBI engine. I just did a download of the flash from the ecm and will be ordering the lt1edit software this week. Some of the things I am looking for info on is that we will be installing some Hooker Long tubes and also installing a Voodoo 60102 this is probally pretty comparable to the Crane 211/219@.050 advertised is 262/270 with 507/515 lift. I will also be breaking the motor down and installing all new gaskets and posibly sending the intake and throttle body out to have them cleaned and powder coated along with the throttle body ported to 52MM, I will look at the heads to see if they need any porting work but at this time not planning on it. I have seen some misc notes on other items that may need or should be upgraded, but unsure so what other items should I look at replacing while I have the engine out and before stuffing it back in. Also removing the EGR and AIR system as well.

reomendations as to replacement of the electric fuel pump (something along the lines of a direct replacement of the existing unit)?
LT4 knock sensor?
adjustable Fuel regulator?
?
?
?
?

any help info here would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks