LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ring help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ring help!!!

got my internals back and and getting back together but am confused on my rings .. trying to figure which ones the top two are . one ring has two paint marks on it , pink and red on either side of the ring gap and the other just has a pink one, one one side of the ring gap.... both have dots on one side .... i assume indicating to face towards the top of the piston... ... these are speed pro pistons and sealed power rings any help would be appreciated .. i read the instructions and it doesn't clarify which is what
Old 09-13-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

best way to find out would be call th ring company
Old 09-14-2009, 07:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by saylorZ28
got my internals back and and getting back together but am confused on my rings .. trying to figure which ones the top two are . one ring has two paint marks on it , pink and red on either side of the ring gap and the other just has a pink one, one one side of the ring gap.... both have dots on one side .... i assume indicating to face towards the top of the piston... ... these are speed pro pistons and sealed power rings any help would be appreciated .. i read the instructions and it doesn't clarify which is what
Yes Dots face upward and there should of been a chart telling you which color is the top ring, second ring, and are these stock replacements or file to fit? Make sure of that before you try to pound them into the block..