LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

i got 2 leaks!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i got 2 leaks!!

alright so when i bought my car (1996 camaro z28ss) it didnt leak. after having it for about a week it started to leak. i talked to the guy who i bought it from and he says its the "crankshaft positioning sensor." he says he changed the o-ring so it wouldnt leak but seems like that didnt help. i also have a leak coming from the rear end. looks like its coming from the axle. anybody have any thoughts on whats wrong with my car?? need help asap!!! thanks
Old 09-18-2009, 06:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dc96ss383
alright so when i bought my car (1996 camaro z28ss) it didnt leak. after having it for about a week it started to leak. i talked to the guy who i bought it from and he says its the "crankshaft positioning sensor." he says he changed the o-ring so it wouldnt leak but seems like that didnt help. i also have a leak coming from the rear end. looks like its coming from the axle. anybody have any thoughts on whats wrong with my car?? need help asap!!! thanks
LT1 leaks are very common on our cars as this motor is prone to them. The CPS leak is an easy fix - just change out the o-ring again but I bet it's coming from some where higher like the WP seal or Opti seal. Look at the timing cover above the crank and see if you see any lines where oil is running down the cover as one of the most common leaks on our cars is the wp seal. As to the axel is it coming out of the shaft where it meets the diff body or is it dripping from the bottom of the cover on the rear? If its the diff cover it's an easy fix by replacing the cover gasket. Let us know and make sure to post up a sig with your car and mod details so we have a better idea of your car. Welcome to ls1tech!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE00
LT1 leaks are very common on our cars as this motor is prone to them. The CPS leak is an easy fix - just change out the o-ring again but I bet it's coming from some where higher like the WP seal or Opti seal. Look at the timing cover above the crank and see if you see any lines where oil is running down the cover as one of the most common leaks on our cars is the wp seal. As to the axel is it coming out of the shaft where it meets the diff body or is it dripping from the bottom of the cover on the rear? If its the diff cover it's an easy fix by replacing the cover gasket. Let us know and make sure to post up a sig with your car and mod details so we have a better idea of your car. Welcome to ls1tech!!!
im going to check all that. thanks. and how do i do the signature thing??