LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

2010 MOD N/A Rules Requests (Tony?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2010 MOD N/A Rules Requests (Tony?)

I am getting ready to start the new car. Before I start I would like to know what the rules would be. I have only two requests and one question.

1. Please allow a 30" rear tire. It opens up way more good choices than the 29.5" that we had this year.

2. Please think about doing away with the weight penalty for DFI and carbs.

3. Will there be an adder for the Dart block?

Thanks,

Daren
Old 09-21-2009, 10:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dart block
Old 09-21-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Dart block
Corrected.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

I will be running all stock castings. My intent is to build something that anyone can build.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:36 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As much as we want to review the rules for next year we don't even know when, where, or even if the event will happen yet. So looking at the rules at this point is almost jumping the gun. I don't want anyone to start building a car to fit the rule changes if the event ends up not happening. I want the event to happen and we will try to make it happen but if the tracks in question are too expensive it will not be good. Give us time to get things rolling first.

Thanks!

T
Old 09-22-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

Tony,

Thanks for the response. The car that I will be building will eventually end up running Super Stock GT/MA with an L99 that I have. Adding weight is not a problem for next year. The only thing that I really didn't like this year was the tires.

As stated above, I don't plan to build anything too radical. There were a couple of cars there this year that should have beaten me. If they get their stuff dialed in my Stocker wouldn't have a chance. Trust me when I say I have no plan to bomb the class. It would not be fair to the other racers who have spent big money on their cars. Instead, we will bring something that is within the "spirit" of the class. I would rather have close racing that relies on preperation and reaction times to win.

Roger said it best about our performance at this years race, "We brought a knife to a gun fight, they just forgot to load their guns!".

Take Care,

Daren
Old 09-22-2009, 03:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GIZMO
Roger said it best about our performance at this years race, "We brought a knife to a gun fight, they just forgot to load their guns!".

Take Care,

Daren
For your car yes you did. My uncle was in the stands and we wanted to come over a chat but were busy tring to figure out my trans issue and reflashing to try and help it...we very every intersted in your suspension setup with these TA cars.

Very nice win there Daren.

-Chris

Quick Reply: 2010 MOD N/A Rules Requests (Tony?)