LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

95 LT1 Trans Shifting issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 LT1 Trans Shifting issue

I recently had my tranny rebuilt along with a pcm tune and converter upgrade (3200stall, 9" vigilante.) I went through hell and back with the guy I had doing the work...to make a long story short, I was screwed over pretty bad and I probably should have come to you guys first!
Prior to the work I had done I was running consistently in the 14.0 to 13.90's 60'-1.93 avg. pretty much all stock on street radials.

So far with this new set up I've had two issues:
1. If I spin bad off the line,get off the throttle and get back on, the tranny acts as if it's locked up in third gear the rest of the way down the track. I have to disconnect the battery in order to reset it to drop back into first. What exactly is going on here? If I over revved with my stock converter this never happened.
2. Also, I was able to limit my tire spin by simply lowering tire pressure, but now the issue is when the trans shifts from 1st to 2nd it hits the rev limit in 1st, bounces a few times, then it seems to skip 2nd and shift into third as it bogs down and picks back up.(If that makes any sense?) Im all over the place on ET because of this from 14.30 to 13.43.

Is this an issue with the pcm tune or is it a mechanical issue with the tranny? I'd really appreciate the help or guidance here. I just wanta get this thing running consistent again and running where it should be.

Thanks
Old 09-27-2009, 02:25 AM
12 Second Club

I probably had you put this in the wrong place.But figured all the lt1 people could help you track this problem down.Sure some here has had a problem like this. i did a search and came up with this post for you.https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...no-lockup.html. .My thoughts are the PCM is telling your tranny to do one thing and the tranny is doing something else.Wish you could get your hands on a stock 95 PCM to try in the car and see if the tune was butchered or the tranny. Here just found this on one of the sponsers sites here .Hope it helps.http://performabuilt.com/Technical2008.html

Last edited by DADDY&GIRL93TA; 09-27-2009 at 02:46 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

I had kinda the same problem after my stall. If my car left hard it would hit the rev limter shifting into 2nd. Then the tranny would go into limp mode. The problem is called stall wall. Give pcm4less a call. They fixed my problem...

Quick Reply: 95 LT1 Trans Shifting issue