LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 problem

Ok here is the background. I put a LT1 in my jeep tj rockcrawler. It came out of another friends jeep and it ran great for him. It sat in my garage for about a year before going in. It is a 95 vette motor I believe. It has a howell programed computer and wiring harness (stand alone) There is no mas air. The engine falls flat on its face when throttled hard. You can slowly rev it up and it will tach out. It also backfires out the exhaust. The fuel pressure was at 39 lbs so I put an adjustable on and set it at 45 at idle. If I give it more fuel it will take off better but still backfires under load while just driving it. It seems like a timing issue but I thought they were controlled by the computer. Any Ideas???
Old 10-04-2009, 09:53 AM

anyone???????
Old 10-05-2009, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Start with the basics first. Check your plugs, wires, See if you can scan for any codes. opti could of collected moisture while it sat causing arching inside the cap.....
Old 10-05-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Regular

Since it ran "great" when installed in the other Jeep was anything done to the engine after is was removed? If so, list what was done.

Jake

West Point ROCKS! Nation's TOP COLLEGE per Forbes Magazine!