LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

sometimes your right foot is the right tool to fix a problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default sometimes your right foot is the right tool to fix a problem

so today i took my car to have an exhaust leak fixed which turned out to just be the pass side of the y pipe being loose (exactly what i figured) well coming home from a long drive last night i smelled some oil and asked them to see where it was leaking. the whole underside of the car has been rustproofed once again with 5w30 they said the leak was coming from the drivers side valve cover and it probably needed the gasket replaced. ok except it was just replaced about 6000 miles and 14 months ago. so i figured maybe the bolts were loose so i got out a wrench and was tightening them. ALL of them were loose especially the rear drivers and passenger side ones. i think i put 2 turns or so on those. during this i dropped the wrench between the valve cover and the exhaust manifold on the drivers side D'oh!

so while trying to get it with a screwdriver magnetic wand i lost sight of it and myself and a neighbor spent around 10 mins looking for it. i was sure it didn't fall out because i moved the car from where it was when it fell. after we couldn't find it i decided to back the car into the garage while i decided what to do. while backing into the garage i thought i heard something shifting around down at the bottom of the car and decided to try something. i put the car in gear and gave the accelerator a good 1/4 throttle jolt and heard the sound i was hoping for, the wrench hitting the driveway

so sometimes your right foot really is the perfect tool for the job.

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 10-05-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stop driving your car like a grandma

wierd about the leak though. VC's usually dont leak, Im not saying they dont but i guess anything is possible. Unless it somehow got twisted wrong when it was installed the day we did it but i dont see how that would of happened. i swear if you pay someone to fix it im gonna kick you in the nuts.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Badazz 97 TA
stop driving your car like a grandma

wierd about the leak though. VC's usually dont leak, Im not saying they dont but i guess anything is possible. Unless it somehow got twisted wrong when it was installed the day we did it but i dont see how that would of happened. i swear if you pay someone to fix it im gonna kick you in the nuts.
well i got the exhaust leak you guys caused fixed free

j/k

lol i swore it had a tick but thought it was just me but someone else was in the car (actually drove it) the other day with me in it and they said it had a tick so i took it to get it looked at. the shop found the pass side of the y pipe to be very loose and tightened it. as for the leak i did get a couple turns out of the wrench and hopefully that fixes it. i did find out i can get a magnaflow muffler for $94 shipped and probably $50? to have usa muffler install it. it might be my winter project or something, lol.