LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

More Issues after a4 swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Issues after a4 swap

OK, heres the rundown.

The car is a 95 LT1 that was an M6. I converted to a 4l60E and swapped to an A4 harness which turned out to be a 96-97. Car would turn over fine, but would not start. I got a continuous "No response from PCM" via Tuner cat ( _EE Def file) using my laptop and USB style adapter which previously worked with the M6 setup. When I turn the ignition to start, It turned over and I just get a soft slick from the area of the ABS. No fans or fuel pump.. nothin..

I also get the Same Tuner cat error using my stand alone bench top tuning harness.

I thought there may have been an issue with the harness so I picked up a 95 specific harness from this site. A few plugs (MAF and VSS) were different , but I addressed that.

Now, the car will NOT turn over, and I still get the "No response from PCM", and same soft click from the area of the ABS.

Picked up a new to me PCM from another 95 LT1 and before I installed it , I tried to test it on the bench top tuning harness. "No reponse from PCM". Car still acts the same..Doesnt turn over and the same soft click.

The car will turn over just fine if I jump the power wire to the starter.

Need some help here guys, As I am getting frustrated.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any input is welcome at this point.

Thanks