LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

It lives

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009 | 08:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah Eric (I think thats his name) told me to go ahead and send it in and they would check it out.
Old 11-29-2009 | 11:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you should put a working opti on double check all the wires are connected in the right order and go from there.
How can you fix a problem that only started when you installed a bad opti?
Oh and why are you messing with the rockers in the first place?
Old 11-29-2009 | 12:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thats the conclusion I've come to Mike. Thinking the spark knock will go away with a good working opti. Hoping so at least..

If you read earlier I have already triple checked the firing order, its right.

And the reason I was messing w the rockers in the first place is because I wanted to make sure the "valve rattle" and backfiring / popping wasnt due to a really loose rocker arm. A few were fairly loose and it did noticeably pick up power after readjusting the rockers, but that wasnt the main issue.
Old 11-29-2009 | 03:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can vouche that there was some valve noise and also a small vacume leak that were fixed that night and he picked up alot of lost power but he could never get rid of some of the loss due to what seemed like a miss fire of some sort and we checked the firing order before we even touched the rockers.. Entertaining night for sure lol
Old 11-29-2009 | 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still think it's a tooth or two off. Just cause it slid in easy doesn't mean it's in right. Fact is they are SUPPOSED to go in only one way, fact #2 is that is not the case. I'm only speaking from experience, and anyone can make that mistake. I'm no slouch and I've done it twice in the past, so now I pay a lot more attention and make SURE it is keyed up right with the cap off so I can see where the rotor is. Take it apart and check it, it doesn't take that long.
Old 11-29-2009 | 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks fergy. I'll give that a shot! I've done it a few times myself and never had a splined one go in wrong but theres a first time for everything.

I hope dynaspark finds something simple wrong and gets it back to me quick. Gonna be headed their way tomorrow.

Quick Reply: It lives