LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

car running in a limp mode??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car running in a limp mode??

before i start i should say this car is a brand new build.. most of the mechanical parts of the car are new and modded... its a fresh 383 stroker LT1 M6 car... Car has never been driven yet but has been run a few times just at idle. It ran really good twice idled perfect and no problems with fans or anything, But i ahve an on going problem that if i leave the battery hooked up and start it after a week or so it at cold start up throws the SES light on and run both fans with the engine stone cold... and it will not idle. This didnt happen the couple times it ran perfect, The two codes it is throwing is a p0443 (evap code) and a p0500 (speed sensor A malf) could either of these make it run like this and why am i gettin these codes... evap should have been tuned out. I have the rear speed sensors hooked up but there is no reluctor wheels on the axles but car hasnt moved, and neither front sensors are hooked up, but they were like this the couple times it ran good. Could freezing cold weather play a roll in somthing becuase both times it ran good it was 45+ degrees outside and it was cold last night when it was doing this... Any help on the suject is greatly appreciated. If you have any other questions that might help me figure this out let me know... THANKS!
Old 02-04-2010, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ohh mann.. nobody has any input on this... anybody???

Quick Reply: car running in a limp mode??