LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help with a delteq

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a delteq

Hey guys, im looking into purchasing a delteq setup for my 95TA but before i invest in this great working unit ive read about on here i wanna know what all entails in the install and anything i should look into purchasing for the install. Im gonna buy the parts over the next several months so that everythings there when i return home from this deployment. I just purchased the car and it already came with a good amount of mods, and as far as i know from my the pictures i was sent it has an MSD ingnition on it but i wanna have a fail proof ignition and not have to drop the waterpump constantly, i remember hte pain on my dad's vette till he manned upaand bought a 91 ZR1. Any info will be much appreciated.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Delteq is supposedly out of business. Might want to try contacting them before you set your sights on anything further.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do yourself a favor and get an LTCC instead. Quite a few less problems, uses ls1 coils instead of those dual coil packs and has more featurs than the delteq

EDIT: and like ramair95ta said, delteq is impossible to contact if indeed they are even still in business.

Last edited by CRAZZ28; 02-28-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: added info
Old 02-28-2010, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

I have the ltcc and if I had to do it all over again I would go efi Connection lsx conversion. I will possibly be doing the efi swap next year. I want to eliminate the Opti all together and have it tuned with hptuners.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:37 AM
Teching In

i was looking into the lsx and the ltcc set ups but i saw that the ltcc you have to buy the coilpacks yourself so thats gonna be a big bite into the cashflow but i dunno if its cheaper to get the efi lsx set up i read about it in gm high tech nad it says its 1500 complete adn i dont know what the ltcc runs for after getting a set of coilpacks and anything else installed. Any advice on what id be looking at as far as price to get the ltcc set up and anything else recommended to go with it?
Old 03-01-2010, 06:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

If it uses the LS Coils you can get them for like $100 at a Junk Yard..
Old 03-01-2010, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

Even with the ltcc you will need to purchase coil packs, the harness and find a way to mount the coil packs. You also can not use MSD wires or msd coil packs. Either way I've been hearing nothing but good about the EFI setup. You can save money if you build your own harness with his do it yourself kit. you just need the two wiring diagrams and you just place pins on holes where they belong.

I have the ltcc setup and it works fine and comes with the timing retard for nitrous which is a nice addition.

Finding someone to tune a lt1 is getting harder each day. With converting to the efi setup you will be able to tune with all the LSx software. That alone is a big plus. The LSx motors will be around for awhile making it more beneficial to swap.

Quick Reply: Help with a delteq