LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 optispark!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 02:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt1 optispark!

so my car is breaking up at high rpms again. guess it is time for another optispark. this will be about the 3rd or 4th one on my 95 t/a and all have been gm performance parts ones... thinking about trying some ebay bullshit. I'm trying to step up to a ls1 in the next 6 months. i drive my car everyday do you guys think this one will last that long?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...item27b0641fc0
Old 03-29-2010, 07:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a MSD rotor and cap for sale along with a fairly new OEM opti spark. $145 shipped for the whole set up.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you are sure is is the opti something else is a problem. I'd check the harness all the way along the intake manifold to make sure there is proper readings and no splits. also make sure there anything isn't pissing coolant on it
Old 03-29-2010, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

if i were u i would go the next step and upgrade to the ls1 coilpack. i have the delteq setup and its amazing and extremly easy to install. it took me about a hour and my acceleration and high rpms is awesome.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

You have to have a functioning OPTI for the delteq system to work. I would do a summit or jegs at this point, then save up for either the deteq or EFI Connection setup. EFI eliminates the opti all together and allows you to run an LS1 PCM. It is expessive but If your haveing those problems with GM Opti's I would save and get rid of the opti.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Not to mention Delteq isn't even in business anymore...
Old 03-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Launching!

No on the ebay i bought one last year rookie mistake it looked brand new put it in and the car would start and run then die. Ended up putting my old one back in and worked fine and was out the 150 dollars. Just ended up putting a new one in
Old 03-29-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one question about opti, any of you ever use one from auto part, those came with life time, just wonder if it any good, but if you want get factory one, partlady ( or something like that on ebay have really good reputation ).
Old 03-29-2010, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by killagt
one question about opti, any of you ever use one from auto part, those came with life time, just wonder if it any good, but if you want get factory one, partlady ( or something like that on ebay have really good reputation ).
What is auto part?

I have a summit unit and it runs fine. I have turned 6200 with no problems.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jaycenk
What is auto part?

I have a summit unit and it runs fine. I have turned 6200 with no problems.
I mean auto part store ( ex autozone, advance auto part, napa, most of them have opti with life time warranty.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Launching!

I have herd of some people using them swear they have no problem and some people get them and have to change the opti 5 or six times in like 4 years. It might come with a life time warranty but the opti is a pain in the *** to keep changing out. Me personally would rather change it once even though i have taken it off 100 times already lol
Old 03-29-2010, 08:08 PM
9 Second Club

I have that AllIgnition opti and so does my buddy...

His is going strong no probs....

I got mine new and was fine for the first few weeks then I got a high rpm miss...sent it back and they rebuilt it and when I got it back still missed...(changed coil, ICM, plugs, wires)

Sent it to them again and they are sending me a complete new opti...It will be here on Wednesday I will let you know when I get it how it does...

Their customer service is really good and the lifetime warranty is cool but if I get it back and it is still screwing up I am getting a partsladi opti or an MSD....

Matt
Old 03-30-2010, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

i got my delteq of ebay too. you can find them floating around on there. best mod that i did by far.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Not to mention Delteq isn't even in business anymore...
Say it's not so!!!! I just got my first LT1 and even though it is running fine, I have planned on buying a Delteq system for when it does go out. I found out about them some years back researching a friend's Opti problems. He tried every one out there I think and still they failed pretty quickly. Another friend had repeated opti problems too. The one in my car is MSD, but I don't feel any more comfortable about it than any other brand to be honest. BUT I'm speaking from other people's (friends & customers) experiences.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1961ba427
Say it's not so!!!! I just got my first LT1 and even though it is running fine, I have planned on buying a Delteq system for when it does go out. I found out about them some years back researching a friend's Opti problems. He tried every one out there I think and still they failed pretty quickly. Another friend had repeated opti problems too. The one in my car is MSD, but I don't feel any more comfortable about it than any other brand to be honest. BUT I'm speaking from other people's (friends & customers) experiences.
The problem with the waste spark system is that it only deals with half the problem, removing the high voltage part. The optical sensor (70% of opti problems) still needs to function properly.

It's a step in the right direction, but the REAL fix is the EFI Live 24x setup.

I'm spinning 6900+ RPM on my stock opti without so much as a hiccup.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:02 AM
Launching!

Don't waste your money on a Delteq system. I had one and it lasted less than 10k miles before the Delteq module basically fried and melted. Of course Delteq as nowhere to be found so I wasn't even able to purchase a replacement or get a replacement under warranty.

Go LTCC or if you just want to completely move on go LS1 pcm. Check to make sure your plugs and wires are in good shape and gapped properly though and that your fuel pressure at high rpms doesn't cut out.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MattSapp95_T/A
I have that AllIgnition opti and so does my buddy...

His is going strong no probs....

I got mine new and was fine for the first few weeks then I got a high rpm miss...sent it back and they rebuilt it and when I got it back still missed...(changed coil, ICM, plugs, wires)

Sent it to them again and they are sending me a complete new opti...It will be here on Wednesday I will let you know when I get it how it does...

Their customer service is really good and the lifetime warranty is cool but if I get it back and it is still screwing up I am getting a partsladi opti or an MSD....

Matt
I'm running an allignition right now too. Figured I'd try it out. So far, so good. Just in case, the stocker with MSD cap and rotor is sitting in my room lol
Old 04-01-2010, 06:04 PM
TECH Regular

alright I guess I am going to buy this one and try it out because the gm performance ones that I keep buying from jegs keep going bad
Old 04-04-2010, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ssbowtie1
Don't waste your money on a Delteq system. I had one and it lasted less than 10k miles before the Delteq module basically fried and melted. Of course Delteq as nowhere to be found so I wasn't even able to purchase a replacement or get a replacement under warranty.

Go LTCC or if you just want to completely move on go LS1 pcm. Check to make sure your plugs and wires are in good shape and gapped properly though and that your fuel pressure at high rpms doesn't cut out.
i dont know where you got your delteq but you must have gotten ripped. my dekteq setup has gone 75,000 miles perfect throught the entire powerband with an ls1 pcm
Old 04-04-2010, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Have you tested your icm?

Quick Reply: lt1 optispark!