Old 04-19-2010 | 08:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Red face Can someone try to explain me this clearly

Ok i ll try to make a long story short.

THE FACT:
-I got datamaster to log;
-I got Tunercat to tune;
-Got access to a dyno and wideband;
-Im from Québec,Canada and dont have access to a real tuner that knows ltx base car.

THE STORY:

I dont know how tu use Tunercat ,i only know the basic.So i order a mail order tune from a well known tuner.Went on the dyno a couple of time(8 total) and send the result to the tuner so he could make some adjustement and make it near perfection.

So now i got perfect idle just a little on the rich side(126\126 BLM) and i got perfection in steady drive (128\128 BLM @ 2000,2400,2800,3200 rpm).I also made 318whp and 337wtq@ 12.4AFR with no knock.

So i dont want to change the base of the tune since its perfection to me and the car run really smooth.But i would like to change my AFR between each run while im on the dyno.This way i would stop having small dyno session then sending the log and afr file to the tuner by email ,then wait for the tupdate then going back to the dyno and do it again.It is really costly and time consuming.

I would like to make my dyno curve more steady and also lean it gradually.

Thanks

Eric

Last edited by always faster; 04-19-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-22-2010 | 07:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bump because i need a answer

And im sure that someone will be kind enough to tell me

Thanks
Old 04-22-2010 | 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

Ok so form your post I think you are saying you are ‘happy’ with the driving around portion of your tune right?

I think you want to know how to change fueling at WOT?

I don’t have my laptop in front of me here at work so I will point you to the area in Tunercats. Do you know about the % changes in the first column of tuner cats? You have the % change based on engine temperature and then a table for RPM. If I had TC in front of me I would give table name but this hint should get you to it I think it is about the 28th table...

These two tables allow you to change the fueling at WOT. The temperature is used if the entire WOT AFR needs to be adjusted richer or leaner, while the other table allows you to focus on RPM ranges to make corrections to AFR at a given RPM range 3600, 4000, 4400 etc.

Your post is not very clear and the easier you make it for someone to help the more likely you are to get a response.

Good luck
Old 04-22-2010 | 08:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Why do it on the dyno? Cheaper to get a wideband and a deserted road. Log it there and send it to him.

I think you richen or lean according to MAP, or PE mode.

Go to tunercats website and print out the manual for it and read it. It will tell you what you need to know.
Old 04-22-2010 | 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by boosted LT1
Ok so form your post I think you are saying you are ‘happy’ with the driving around portion of your tune right?

I think you want to know how to change fueling at WOT?

I don’t have my laptop in front of me here at work so I will point you to the area in Tunercats. Do you know about the % changes in the first column of tuner cats? You have the % change based on engine temperature and then a table for RPM. If I had TC in front of me I would give table name but this hint should get you to it I think it is about the 28th table...

These two tables allow you to change the fueling at WOT. The temperature is used if the entire WOT AFR needs to be adjusted richer or leaner, while the other table allows you to focus on RPM ranges to make corrections to AFR at a given RPM range 3600, 4000, 4400 etc.

Your post is not very clear and the easier you make it for someone to help the more likely you are to get a response.

Good luck

Ok maybe i wasnt clear enoug im sorry.

All i want to know is how to change AFR at WOT on Tunercat.Right now im at 12.4 and i want to try to lean it.

Thanks
Old 04-22-2010 | 10:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Why do it on the dyno? Cheaper to get a wideband and a deserted road. Log it there and send it to him.
I think you richen or lean according to MAP, or PE mode.
Go to tunercats website and print out the manual for it and read it. It will tell you what you need to know.
First doing a tune on the street is dangerous because of physical danger (Speed), losing license etc, and it also is dangerous to your car because you may hurt the engine.

As I said you change the two tables.

Speed Density has the ability to make fuel changes based on MAP but he is not boosted so unlikely to be using Speed Density.

PE is better known as fuel enrichment and you are either in or out of PE and when in PE you have met the WOT parameters and you primarily use the two tables I spoke of.

There are many other tables to change fuel, but if you are beginning tuning those tables are the best way to tweak a tune. Tuners use many more tables, but for people asking basic questions there is no point in discussing them because the basics are not understood and details will only further confuse beginners.

Tuning knowing what most people know will be a disaster because they will be changing the wrong tables thinking they know what they are doing....

Last edited by boosted LT1; 04-22-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-22-2010 | 10:24 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by always faster
Ok maybe i wasnt clear enoug im sorry.

All i want to know is how to change AFR at WOT on Tunercat.Right now im at 12.4 and i want to try to lean it.

Thanks
As I said use the two tables to correct AFR for WOT. If the entire WOT is rich you can start by lowering the % based on temperature. Then you fine tune by RPM ranges.

You don't have a table for changing the WOT AFR you make % changes. There is a formula posted on this site and I think in the TC user manual for determining the % change to correct an AFR from 12.4 to say 12.8.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Can someone try to explain me this clearly