LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Why does this cam look Funny ???? Pic

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

well he said he THINKS its a cam motion.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subcribing. this may get interesting.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ElkySS
im confused. u have a one off custom cam that u had to wait 9 months to giet finished for a no budget build and you dont know who made the cam?

not meaning to nit pick, im just curious
No offence taken at all! I didn't actually wait since this build has been slowly progressing since my last motor exploded 3 summers ago. There was no rush but the guys doing my cylinder heads told me that they have the contacts and that they would get it done. Perhaps it's in the emails which I can't remember but I do remember them saying a one off billet cam that nobody has a core for will take a considerable amount of time to complete. I don't k ow who made it and don't care because I trust them. Wether it's a comp crane or cam motions or another company does it really matter to me? No it doesn't so there's your answer!! Based on your grammar I can understand the confusion

Here's a question for you. Have you ever ordered a new vehicle before??
Old 04-22-2010, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

i didnt mean to come off as a dick, i was just wondering. no need to get all defensive about it. and no i havent ever bought a new car. why does that matter?

i dont feel like pushing the shift button on my cell phone keyboard at the beginning of every sentence. its just an internet forum. not an english paper.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

Was going to make the point that when you order a new car in the color you choose do you ask where the paint was made ?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

interesting.. so its a 4/7 & 3/2 swap cam. specs? I'm curious to see how it does and hot it will sound
Old 04-22-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
interesting.. so its a 4/7 & 3/2 swap cam. specs? I'm curious to see how it does and hot it will sound
Im still on my phone but I think you are correct on the lobes. Pretty sure it ended up being the same as the ls1. My cyl head guy was untrigued by a few NASCAR firing orders but didn't like certain cylinders namely the back of the ltx manifold fighting for air at the same time. I'm excited to see how it will sound as well especially at 8000 rpm!! Our main goal was peak power around 7200-7400 and peak torque around 6000 or higher. Idle and driveability concerns? Those are for babies
Old 04-22-2010, 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

no but knowing that a reputable cam company made it and not just some guy that just happens to have access to the tools to make it is a little different than paint. the paint is warrantied on a new car. i highly doubt your cam is warrantied against lack of power. or hardly anything, for that matter.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is gunna be neat...can't wait to see/hear the motor run with it...it's gunna either suck and something is going to go horribly wrong, or it's going to sound nasty and be something very different...either way, it's going to be fun to watch and see
Old 04-22-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

no but knowing that a reputable cam company made it and not just some guy that just happens to have access to the tools to make it is a little different than paint. the paint is warrantied on a new car. i highly doubt your cam is warrantied against lack of power. or hardly anything, for that matter.
Right. My next door neighbor probably has the tools too. It's so easy to cut a billet core custom grind hardened cam In your basement.

My previous 388 built put Down 478 rwhp on a mustang dyno and trapped 127.8 mph with a super stiff suspension on 19 inch wheels. This build is using better components top to bottom Im not worried about not making power.

Last edited by Nastyc4; 04-22-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
this is gunna be neat...can't wait to see/hear the motor run with it...it's gunna either suck and something is going to go horribly wrong, or it's going to sound nasty and be something very different...either way, it's going to be fun to watch and see
Thanks for the vote of confidence!! Won't be a while though I'm having fun with the camaro I might finish the vette over the winter or next summer
Old 04-22-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You know how impatient people get when you reveal this **** so early, I want sound clips now!
Old 04-23-2010, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

good 4/7 swap..it gets alot of people thinking they will make more power with it.sad part is it dont..only **** it does is relieve stress on parts.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by suicidal racing
good 4/7 swap..it gets alot of people thinking they will make more power with it.sad part is it dont..only **** it does is relieve stress on parts.
And it's **** to be relieving stress on a valvetrain and bottom end at 8000 rpm? It wasn't done for power. It was done for better balance and MAINLY because it will sound different than an LT1 at those rpms.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nastyc4
And it's **** to be relieving stress on a valvetrain and bottom end at 8000 rpm? It wasn't done for power. It was done for better balance and MAINLY because it will sound different than an LT1 at those rpms.

sheesh....well all hating aside, im all for this prototype like cam! cant wait to hear it!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slownova73
sheesh....well all hating aside, im all for this prototype like cam! cant wait to hear it!
Thanks Much appreciated !! It's just a cam really I don't get why there are so many people hating on it !!!! Here I am just trying to share something and everyone wants to talk about backyard grinds or blowing up engines etc !!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

i wasnt hating i was just pointing out that..trust me when i get my cams cut i try ****..
Old 04-23-2010, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nastyc4
Smart *** incoming........

I have only heard maybe one two lt1's in my life at 8k, and both was on the internet lol
Old 04-23-2010, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

i wasnt hating, i was just saying when you are dealing with a build thats unlike any other, wanting it to run good, make good power, rev high, etc. it pays to know the guys who built and designed your cam know what they are doing. just because u have the tools to make cams doesnt mean you know how to design them. it would bug the **** outa me not knowing who made it. mayb the guy ur shop got to do it is great with cams. but maybe he mainoy deals with honda cams or dirt bikes or something

all differences aside, it is a very interesting build and am very curious of the outcome
Old 04-23-2010, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

i wasnt hating, i was just saying when you are dealing with a build thats unlike any other, wanting it to run good, make good power, rev high, etc. it pays to know the guys who built and designed your cam know what they are doing. just because u have the tools to make cams doesnt mean you know how to design them. it would bug the **** outa me not knowing who made it. mayb the guy ur shop got to do it is great with cams. but maybe he mainoy deals with honda cams or dirt bikes or something

all differences aside, it is a very interesting build and am very curious of the outcome
And here I thought AI was well respected in the f-body world !

Quick Reply: Why does this cam look Funny ???? Pic