LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

MY Ebay LT Header Install...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 12:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol back from the dead! Im glad to see people find this thread useful a good follow up to this would of course be the Y-pipe i made to replace the one that came with the headers.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
Lol back from the dead! Im glad to see people find this thread useful a good follow up to this would of course be the Y-pipe i made to replace the one that came with the headers.
I saw that post, but didn't find the header install until the other day. I'm not going to use the Y-pipe at all, but they won't separate it from the headers so it will probably hang on the wall I'm going to be getting a flowmaster d merge x pipe and duals over the axle again, but this time it will be dual mufflers in a traditional setup. 1 tailpipe on each side of the axle with hidden tailpipes Camaros just look better with no tailpipes, but I won't run dumps again, the drone killed me every time I drove my car
Old 01-23-2011, 10:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
I saw that post, but didn't find the header install until the other day. I'm not going to use the Y-pipe at all, but they won't separate it from the headers so it will probably hang on the wall I'm going to be getting a flowmaster d merge x pipe and duals over the axle again, but this time it will be dual mufflers in a traditional setup. 1 tailpipe on each side of the axle with hidden tailpipes Camaros just look better with no tailpipes, but I won't run dumps again, the drone killed me every time I drove my car
Drone on a car that your going to be driving for longer then 30 minutes at a clip, is the devil! Yesterday i put in a vibrant resonator at the back of my exhaust yesterday to help get rid of as much interior noise as possible. So far it worked out pretty good GL with your exhaust man!
Old 04-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Launching!

do you have any pics of them now they've been heat cycled? i heard the 304 turns dull instead of keeping the shine and turning gold.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:57 AM
Staging Lane

Nice thread I have the same set from the same seller and wasnt really looking foward to the install. This thread eased my mind about it tho.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

Can you post up a link to them because i cant seem to find them
Old 04-17-2011, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

nice thread. btw, i know the fella with the zr1. he does shows with me and my dad out here in jersey. real nice guy.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mine look like crap now that I have some miles on them. Still wouldn't do anything different except gaskets.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by coolmanvette75
nice thread. btw, i know the fella with the zr1. he does shows with me and my dad out here in jersey. real nice guy.
really? thats cool its a small world lol he was a really nice guy when i met him. the car is Amazing!

as for how the headers look now, this is the only recent picture i have of them.

There still in really good shape. There not as pretty looking as a set of kooks or perhaps the lpps would be. But for $300 what do you expect? I plan on sending them out to get jet-hot coated. Because they are made of a thin material they radiate alot of heat. They havent given me any issues because of it. I just like to have things be the best they can be for what they are
Old 04-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Launching!

cool man thanks for posting that up. I ordered a set last night and was just curious. i'll probably have the coated too.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow those look a lot like my uncoated Pacesetters I ran on my old car. I guess they dont rust but I still thought they would look better than that. But, still for the price they are they are still worth every penny. Im thinking about ordering a set for when I change clutches. I think it will be easier to install headers with no tranny in the car.

Quick Reply: MY Ebay LT Header Install...