LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Not passing emissions.....wtf.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Not passing emissions.....wtf.

Ok so first here's a little background. My car has all emissions gone so of course it won't pass a sniffer, but it doesn't have to. I went for the second time today and had put 70 miles on the car since the battery was last unplugged, yet ALL of the emissions tests are still showing as I believe it was "not started". It was reprogrammed by Trifecta and of course I had all of the codes programmed out, so I can't figure out why its not passing. Is it possible that they totally turned the tests off entirely rather than setting the codes to not reported?
Old 05-10-2010, 07:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not a tuner by any means, but I'm pretty sure there's a difference between having the codes programmed out entirely and having the codes shown as "Ready."
Old 05-10-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

Well I have an email off to trifecta so we'll see what they can pull up with it. I have a copy of my tune file that can be looked at if need be. Its not the codes showing as not ready. It doesn't show individual codes. It says the tests haven't even been started.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Got a response back from Vince at Trifecta. Supposedly there is no way (he says) to make everything show "ready" on an LT1......this didn't sound right to me after how many guys are passing in states at least as tough as Washington. So I called PCM For Less and was told there was no question they could get it to pass. So either Vince doesn't know what he's talking about or PCM For Less (knowingly or not) BSed me........before I go spending cash on a PCM For Less tune anybody had issues passing where readiness monitors were tested?

Quick Reply: Not passing emissions.....wtf.