LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

damn coolant lines!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn coolant lines!

please if anyone can tell me some tips on how to replace the coolant line that runs in the back of the engine i saw a pic that its supposed to be a metal pipe but mine was a hose the steam pipe melted it and a leak ensued i'm mad that i can't use my car cuz of one damn hose!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

That Hose is going to your oil cooler. It's junk take those hoses off and just run a hose from your waterpump to the lower small outlet on the drivers side of the radiator (oil cooler bypass). There will be no negative effects by doing this, and your problem will be solved. If you search oil cooler delete you will find lots of information on this.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

you can make your own coolant crossover from brass fittings (one elbow, one 'T" and some braided line. What you need to do is run the elbow off the driver's side head, braided line to the 'T' on the back of the passenger side head. The free end of the 'T' goes to the coolant line that returns to the top of the radiator, routed along the pass. side of the intake, under the cannister purge solenoid.

Lots of guys are doing this because the banjo bolts and steam pipe are going for over $120.00 these days (if you can even find one).
Old 05-12-2010, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

Opps, I thought he was talking about the oil cooler hoses disregard my post.