LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

fuel lines. please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question fuel lines. please help

My question is, does anyone know which hard line off of the intake that the fuel line coming from the filter goes into? i have been trying to get my car to start and it just will not do it. I have done so many thing to it since it broke down in 08 as well as modifying the factory 93 hard lines and adapting them to an fittings with steel braided lines. I have checked everything numerous times without luck. So i decided to pull the plugs...bone dry not even the smell of fuel. So i proceeded to the fuel rail... and the injectors are bone dry as well. I know that there is fuel leading up to the fittings due to one of the an fittings leaking upon first attempt. Is it possible by installing the line backwards that it would inhibit it from allowing fuel to enter the rails?

Sorry for the ramble but im just dumb founded right now.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by litch2004
My question is, does anyone know which hard line off of the intake that the fuel line coming from the filter goes into? i have been trying to get my car to start and it just will not do it. I have done so many thing to it since it broke down in 08 as well as modifying the factory 93 hard lines and adapting them to an fittings with steel braided lines. I have checked everything numerous times without luck. So i decided to pull the plugs...bone dry not even the smell of fuel. So i proceeded to the fuel rail... and the injectors are bone dry as well. I know that there is fuel leading up to the fittings due to one of the an fittings leaking upon first attempt. Is it possible by installing the line backwards that it would inhibit it from allowing fuel to enter the rails?

Sorry for the ramble but im just dumb founded right now.
I don't know about the '93 fuel rail, but the later rails (one's that include the front crossover) have two different size lines, the larger of the two being the feed (3/8" I believe, the one connected to the fuel filter) and the smaller one being the return.

Regardless, the line on the fuel rail that the fuel pressure regulator is attached to, is the return, so it would be the other hardline on the fuel rail that would connecto to the fuel line that runs to the fuel filter.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i answered my question by just going out there and trying to crank it. It started up minus that it wont idle at all. But i think i know that problem. I still have to figure out why the flex plate hits the starter bendix gear.

Quick Reply: fuel lines. please help