LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

2 throttle body questions...? NOS

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 throttle body questions...? NOS

okay so today i was trying to take my throttle body apart to polish it and paint it...and apon takeing the the flap(doors that open when turning the throttle body) screws out 3 of the four broke off in the saft...is there anything i can do to fix it?

And the second question if i get the NOS Holley 58mm throttle body with the dual dry nitrous jets built in...what would it take to get the nitrous going? Also how smart is a dry kit over wet...? I plan on going pro charged or turboed in a year so the nitrous would just be an added security at the track for a while and maybe just for fun once and a while.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 07-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

ttt can someone help me?
Old 07-05-2010, 02:09 PM
TECH Veteran

if they broke inside then you need to drill and tap. or since they are so cheap you can buy one on here and just replace it
Old 07-05-2010, 02:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Purple94Z28
okay so today i was trying to take my throttle body apart to polish it and paint it...and apon takeing the the flap(doors that open when turning the throttle body) screws out 3 of the four broke off in the saft...is there anything i can do to fix it?

And the second question if i get the NOS Holley 58mm throttle body with the dual dry nitrous jets built in...what would it take to get the nitrous going? Also how smart is a dry kit over wet...? I plan on going pro charged or turboed in a year so the nitrous would just be an added security at the track for a while and maybe just for fun once and a while.

Thanks,
Nick
I would suggest sending it off to be bored to a 52mm or replace it. It is messed up and you will need help so just have it fixed and bored or replace it.

Some prefer dry others wet. Both have their uses but I think you need to read up before making a choice. Nitrous does NOT make the system safer.