LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

optispark question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default optispark question?

hey i have a 95 formula, just have a quick opti spark question, i read that you can adjust the timing on the msd optispark with an advance screw, is this true? but i heard its best to just buy a stock acdelco replacement optispark, with the acdelco do you have to set the timing or do you just put in the distributor and the computer sets timing?
Old 07-23-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes the MSD is adjustable, but it provides no reference, so it's pretty much useless. Not to mention it isn't the correct way to adjust the timing, which should be adjusted via the PCM. There is no significant advantage with the MSD over the stock AC Delco.

The computer sets the timing. Just bolt it on, making sure it's indexed correctly via the dowel pin, and you're good to go.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:57 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Yes the MSD is adjustable, but it provides no reference, so it's pretty much useless. Not to mention it isn't the correct way to adjust the timing, which should be adjusted via the PCM. There is no significant advantage with the MSD over the stock AC Delco.

The computer sets the timing. Just bolt it on, making sure it's indexed correctly via the dowel pin, and you're good to go.
What he said....

Quick Reply: optispark question?