LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8
Old 04-29-2016, 04:13 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Window tint

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

lol damn, kinda glad I never tinted my windows lol I know in Germany you cant pass inspection with ANY window tint. its funny guys would take the tint off the day before inspection, get it inspected and then reapply new tint the same day lol seemed like a waste of time lol
im thinking of going fot a touch of tint. I like to see and I don't care if people can see me. im thinking of 35 on the rear and 40ish on the sides. im getting t top shades so don't really car about tinting them. ive thought of doing the dashpad thing but I just have sun shades for now and they do ok. definitely not tinting the windshield though.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96LT1Z
^^^ what he said. one of my buddies has 5% All the way around and 50% on the windshield and has never been pulled over. And another one of the guys i know got pulled over for "31%" is what the cop said....
the funny thing is that its only one cop that is really picky about this stuff. I had been pulled over over 5 times in my z28 for window tint, front license plate, rear license plate light, a small crack in the windshield, etc... and always received verbal warnings. Cool cops who showed respect. And the same officer who gave me the window tint fix it in the ws6, has also gotten me for no front license plate and blocking a sidewalk (our house driveway, in a dead end cul-de-sac) all in a 5 month time period.

But yeah, some people get away with stuff and others dont.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zlow28
the funny thing is that its only one cop that is really picky about this stuff. I had been pulled over over 5 times in my z28 for window tint, front license plate, rear license plate light, a small crack in the windshield, etc... and always received verbal warnings. Cool cops who showed respect. And the same officer who gave me the window tint fix it in the ws6, has also gotten me for no front license plate and blocking a sidewalk (our house driveway, in a dead end cul-de-sac) all in a 5 month time period.

But yeah, some people get away with stuff and others dont.
Lol ya its pretty much depends on the cop your right.
One of my buddies was driving his new m3 home from work on the interstate going 110, and got pulled over. The cop liked his car and said he pulled him over for no plates and he was going a little fast.. then proceeded to give him a warning..
Old 06-28-2013, 07:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

always something with cops lol most of the time they are ok but then theres that one guy that screws it all up. militarys no different lol
so I purchased 35% all around. interested in seeing what it will look like
Old 06-28-2013, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to go with 25 all around. No point going any less than that once I send the car back to Texas.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96LT1Z
I had 35% on my old pick up and personally i thought it was a waste of money. You could see right through it. But thats just me. I dont know if you want to stay legal or if you care? And yes lower the number the darker the tint. I would personally do %20 if you dont want 5%. Also if you have t tops. I would tint them as dark as possible thats what i did. It helped a little with the whole sun thing

Why are you comparing a truck that you look up to vs a car that you look down at. Cars always look darker.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Bought mine with 5% all around. Couldn't see at night or my mirrors to back up.
removed the tint on sides and went with 25% quality ting. Left 5% on hatch. Perfect.
I use my mirrors to back up.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:55 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Virginia is 50 on the sides and 35 in the back. And if there was ever a police state, it's the lovely Commonwealth of Virginia.

Last edited by SS RRR; 01-25-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Window tint